Air Quality Index, India
- Ambient Concentration values of air pollutants
- Their likely impact on health (known as health breakpoints)
AQI Pollutants’ constituents
AQI Categories & their harmful health affects
- Good – Minimal Effect
- Satisfactory – May cause minor breathing discomfort to sensitive people.
- Moderately Polluted – May cause breathing discomfort to people with living disease such as asthma and discomfort to people with heart disease.
- Poor – May cause breathing discomfort to people on prolonged exposure, and discomfort to people with heart disease.
- Very Poor – May cause respiratory illness to the people on prolonged exposure. Effects may be more pronounced in people with lung and heart disease.
- Severe – May cause respiratory impact even on healthy people with lung/heart disease. The health impacts may be experienced even during light physical activity.
Reference links used:
1. National Ambient Air Quality Monitoring (NAAQS)