- Problems caused by High Humidity
- Reducing Humidity with Plants
- Best Indoor Plants to Reduce Humidity
- Boston Fern
- Peace Lily
- Spider Plant
- English Ivy
- Orchids (Moth Orchid)
- Cactus (Christmas Cactus)
- Bromeliad (Silver Urn)
Problems caused by High Humidity
Maintaining good and proper humidity levels indoors is very significant because it affects the quality of the air. If the humidity level in your home is too high, harmful microorganisms like bacteria, mould and dust mites will be able to thrive.
- Growth and spread of mold, mildew, fungi, bacteria, and viruses which, will diminish indoor air quality, and, cause various diseases, and also damage your home / office.
- Asthma and allergies
- Causes the home to feel oppressive.
- Damage to furniture and electronic equipment.
There is nothing worse than dealing with excess humidity which may lead to moisture problems in the home.
Reducing Humidity with Plants
Best Indoor Plants to Reduce Humidity
The Final Words
Maintaining an ideal humidity inside your home is vital for healthy living. Start bringing in these houseplants that can help reduce humidity levels and improve your health and wellbeing. Using houseplants can be beneficial in various ways. One of the most interesting benefits is that they serve as natural dehumidifiers. Most plants get moisture from the air by their leaves, but some of them are extremely efficient at the process and collect much of their moisture through their leaves.
Reference links used:
1. – Practical Houseplant Book (RHS, Fran Bailey & Zia Allaway)
2. – Other links as given in the blog.